Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOGGUS STADIUM

Legend

Default BOGGUS STADIUM

whats going on there... i saw some of these post over in the cardinal thread.... and whats going on with the new high school... when will it be ready and what grades...

Quote Originally Posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
    well, like most cardinals fans know, after the season the cardinals will be getting rid of the grass field and will go to turf, 1 thing that i was told, that i didnt know, was memorial middle will be moving to rio hondo rd. and they have already broken ground on the area, WOW !! didnt realize that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pariguayo View Post
    I heard that in the near future Hrl will have a 9th grade campus all 9th graders will go there. HHS and South will be a 10,11 and 12th grades campus. Gearing up for HS #3. As soon as a year from now!
    Quote Originally Posted by humblewarrior695 View Post
    yeah p and Crafty I also heard that but it is gonna be a freshman campus and Memorial I thought was gonna remain 6,7,8 . we will wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Memorial middle school is going to be used for administration offices like the one across the railroad tracks. I heard they were going to make the visiting stands like the homeside and take out the football field behind the visitors side(where Memorial football played) and make a parking lot.
    My son goes to Vernon and that is what his coach told him.
    Quote Originally Posted by humblewarrior695 View Post
    yeah Greenblood , forgot that one . they are planning on taking out those flds. which kinda sucks
    Memorial I guess will get their own field at their new school????????? That will be good to have that parking lot right by the stadium.
    The parking at Boggus really blows and it hasn't changed since I can remember. I recall my parents would park at Kroger or Gibson's. I would like Boggus to take a new look something very similar to Heroe's stadium. I don't see a problem with the money it would fill up at every home game, it would pay the monthly bill for a whole year in one season every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportjunkie View Post
    They are gonna make many changes around Boggus in the next few months.....they're supposed to tear down the Vernon tennis courts and build new ones across from the gym where the CMC building is, so they can extend the track and have the field events on the field. Also, the Memorial Gym is going to be torn down for a new indoor swimming arena...and of course the stadium will be getting turf...Memorial will be an annex building to the administration building and Memorial students will go to the new building on old RH Rd....lots of changes, I just hope everything is ready for 2012 Football Season .....we're also getting a new music auditorium behind Gutierrez MS
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal97 View Post
    harlingen has the worst school administration there is. anything to make a buck and give it back to the wealthy redsidents of harlingen! republicanism at its best! pathetic. there is no need for another administration building are u f'ing serious! do these morons know how bad the parking is at boggus stadium! memorial should be torn down for a parking lot! but talking to a school board member or a school district head is like talking to a wall! and no i dont give a flying bleep what i just said! and all the school board members, superintendent can kiss my bleep
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal97 View Post
    oh yeah san benito is 100's of millions of dollars in debt but they can build a nice, big brand new stadium! and all they do for boggus is what! i mean how tacky are those lights on the visitors side compared to the home side. but oh they need a bond to do it! give me a break! and if i was there i would tell all this to there face! cause anybody that knows me, i straight up dont give a f. and no one has the grapefruits to fight me
    Talking about the Harlingen's wealthy getting more. I found out a few years ago and don't know how much truth there is to it, but Boggus stadium, the land is owned by the Boggus family and HCISD leases it from them and maintains it 100%. If you want to use the stadium for any event you must request it from the Boggus family or whomever oversees the property and HCISD has some say so in the matter but ultimately it's up to the Boggus', again if that cont. to be true or not I don't know or if it was ever true I don't know. I found out about this because a friend wanted to use the stadium for some reunion event and HCISD directed to the Boggus people.

98% of the above is true.

From what I have heard a ninth grade campus will be built that will eventually be the third HS.

I have also heard that the endzone bleachers might be removed and the vistors' side will be extended to match the home side in lenght.

Aquatic center too.
    VCDA

Legend

the visitor sounds great... i really hope they keep the north end sitting.. i had good times there.. esp in elementary and middle school years... that adds xtra seating in case of a big game.... the end zone bleachers shouldnt and will not get in the way of the visitor side....

they are dumb if they remove that section...

All your District Championships are belong to us

Hmmmm..
    YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL

HELPING A BROTHA'S DREAMS COME TRUE, ONE HAIRNET AT A TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLEDPATRON View Post
    WOW WOW WOW WOW. . . QUE VIVA LA MAQUINA. .. (one and only time i will EVER say it)

thank you for helping east share a district championship!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exhawk1997 View Post
    the visitor sounds great... i really hope they keep the north end sitting.. i had good times there.. esp in elementary and middle school years... that adds xtra seating in case of a big game.... the end zone bleachers shouldnt and will not get in the way of the visitor side....

I agree.

Good place for the bands as well. I hope they get new lights for the vistors' side, during the South/Pace game a few went out leaving the SE corner pretty dark.
    VCDA

Quote Originally Posted by exhawk1997 View Post

I heard they were going to remove those bleachers. My son also told me they were taking out the tennis courts at Vernon and will make that into an area for track events, longjumps, ect. And of course they are tearing out the old track at the stadium and redoing it.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS WINNING REPUTATION

Super Moderator

parking sucks...

and I think you only have one food stand on the visitors side...

Hall of Famer

boggus stadium geez these harlingen kids have always deserved a 15,000 seat state of the art stadium like heroes,farris, the berry center in cypress(nw houston, hwy 290 and barker cypress) to bad hurricane dolly didnt destroy it so the city and school district would be forced to build a new one. i love boggus stadium dont get me wrong! but these so called upgrades dont cover it

Immortal

Indeed it would be nice if they redo Boggus Stadium.
    "Its not how you start its how you finish."

Super Moderator

could they build another stadium in a different location which would accommodate everything

Instead of spending more and more money on Boggus they should have built a new stadium on the loop with a big parking lot.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS WINNING REPUTATION

the hawks nest AKA j. lewis boggus stadium

Quote Originally Posted by MANIMAL View Post
    could they build another stadium in a different location which would accommodate everything
    where theres a will, theres a way.......but not with this school district......so sad.
    i firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle............victorious. - the great vince lombardi

HARLINGEN SOUTH ATHLETICS REPRESENTIN' DA DIRTY SOUTH since 1993

just as the phoenix arose from the ashes....so will the harlingen south hawks. - unknown

Super Moderator

all i knoes is that exhawk had to spend about ten minutes copying and pasting all those posts to start this thread

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GO-LF View Post
    all i knoes is that exhawk had to spend about ten minutes copying and pasting all those posts to start this thread
    covering the facts...

Hall of Famer

Why does everyone hate on Boggus? IMO it is a great place to play football and the atmoshpere is hard to compete with. I personally don't like the new style bleachers that don't have concrete. I lose too many items when they fall through the openings. IMO that is a cheap way to get more people into a venue.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Super Moderator

are they really going to ruin it by putting in artificial turf?

Quote Originally Posted by GO-LF View Post
    are they really going to ruin it by putting in artificial turf?
    That is a 100% fact and yes turf sucks.
    VCDA

Immortal

Ive seen Boggus its a nice stadium. I dont think
    nobody hates it though it can use some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerCrazy View Post
    Ive seen Boggus its a nice stadium. I dont think
    nobody hates it though it can use some improvements.
    Just about any stadium could be improved. However, I don't care how big or improved our stadium becomes, just as long as the Cardinals continue to kick butt.
    VCDA

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Just about any stadium could be improved. However, I don't care how big or improved our stadium becomes, just as long as the Cardinals continue to kick butt.

I would sure be happy if the Mercedes stadium was the size of Boggus.
    With all the succes the Cardinals have had they deserve a little improvment.

Thread Information