Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Default Top 10 RGV Basketball rankings

Leave your opinion on how you think the top 10 should be as of right now at this point in the season.

My top 10 is..

1. Harlingen
    2. Edinburg
    3. Nikki Rowe
    4. Harlingen South
    5. Edinburg Economedes
    6. Mcallen High School
    7. Mercedes
    8. Sharyland
    9. Mcallen Memorial
    10. Roma
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Heisman Winner

I would remove Mercy and Mchi, heck San perlita could be top 10

Hall of Famer

I agree with u. Get mchi and mercedes outta there. Don't forget hidalgo and st. joes

Heisman Winner

I agree SP needs to be in there somewhere

Hall of Famer

Mercedes is having an awesome season so far. They deserve to be there especially after winning the PI Tourney. They also won today which sends them to the next round in the La Feria tournament against Economedes. The only reason why i put Mchi in there is because they surprised me when they beat Edinburg North which is a good team but are not meeting up to my expectations so far. I suppose your right about Hidalgo, I'd say hidalgo would tie for the 10th spot with roma for now.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Legend

Mchi is not that great of a team, they have beat edinburg north and Mercedes but lost to st Joe and didn't do so well in the mission tourney. The do have some decent players but not many, coach Garr is doing a great job with the talent he has around him but Mchi needs more work. They do have a ton of kids in the bball program now probably more than football, so Mchi will get better as long as Garr is there.

Quote Originally Posted by RunninBobcatfan15 View Post
    Leave your opinion on how you think the top 10 should be as of right now at this point in the season.

My top 10 is..

1. Harlingen
    2. Edinburg
    3. Nikki Rowe
    4. Harlingen South
    5. Edinburg Economedes
    6. Mcallen High School
    7. Mercedes
    8. Sharyland
    9. Mcallen Memorial
    10. Roma
    1. Rowe
    2. Harlingen
    3. Harlingen South
    4. Palmview
    5. Edinburg
    6. Roma
    7. Economedes
    8. Edinburg North
    9. Memorial
    10. Sharyland

I would prob change my number 10 shary and switch it with Hidalgo

I havent seen a top 10 in weeks, last year and the years before that it was every year.......anybody know what going on?

I MEAN EVERY WEEK

Hall of Famer

Yes the monitor is being lazy. Wade Baker or Eladio Jaimez need to get on the ball.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Hall of Famer

Baker is in tenesseee i think, not here anymore. You can very much tell that we cover football better than any other sport.

Hall of Famer

Yes, Economedes beat the Tigers(63-43) this morning but the Jaguars only had a one point lead at half. Anyways, Roma and Hidalgo should probably be in the top 10 for now. Mercedes will host EE on Dec. 28th and then travel to Hidalgo on Dec. 31st. By then we should have a better perspective of the real contenders for the crown in 32-4A. Thanks for your support runninbobcat 15 and good luck to your team.!

I think that Porter should be in the top 10. People need to take into consideration that they made the playoffs last year with a starting roster of 4 sophomores. This year, the preseason schedule included teams that were all state playoff contenders. This year's roster has 9 juniors and 1 sophomore and 1 freshman and they have had plenty of close games this year against Harlingen and Rowe. They lost to Harlingen 64-62 and 65-60 at Rowe. They have beaten Palmview, Harlingen South, and Edinburg North. Look for them to make noise in this year's district 32-5A race. This is a team that has been overlooked for many years but has consistently made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RunninBobcatfan15 View Post

My top 10 is..

1. Harlingen
    2. Edinburg
    3. Nikki Rowe
    4. Harlingen South
    5. Edinburg Economedes
    6. Mcallen High School
    7. Mercedes
    8. Sharyland
    9. Mcallen Memorial
    10. Roma
    Harlingen might be top 5 but I don't know about #1. They have not played a tough schedule so far.
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS WINNING REPUTATION

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Harlingen might be top 5 but I don't know about #1. They have not played a tough schedule so far.
    At the time I made my top 10 Harlingen had only 1 loss and also won the keilor classic. They had the best record at the time. As of now I'd probably rank them at the third or fourth spot.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

After Sharyland lost to Hanna on Monday, I'd take them out and put Brownsville Porter somewhere in the mix.

Hall of Famer

myrta24, I agree sharyland should be considered out of the top 10 already. For some reason that team can't gel very well but they have time to turn it around. Like you said I would go ahead and put porter somewhere in that mix of those teams.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Hall of Famer

Take mchi outta there. Come on now.

Hall of Famer

Actually it was barely pre-season so yea, dont take anything right now seriously. A lot of techniques are being used to see which ones work out better. Sharyland will advance 3 deep in playoffs.

Thread Information