Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hall of Famer

Defending state champ and national leader dylan nowak of cypress woods just ran a 4:14.52 dammmmm! Thats good

Junior Varsity

This is the Fastest guy in the valley. I compared his times to every district meet in the region and he should be the regional champ. he is in this video.

Junior Varsity

This is the Fastest guy in the valley. 100 meters from Bears, I compared his times to every district meet in the region and he should be the regional champ. he is in this video.

Last edited by rvman21; 04-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rvman21 View Post
    This is the Fastest guy in the valley. 100 meters from Bears, I compared his times to every district meet in the region and he should be the regional champ. he is in this video.

No doubt Tijerina is quick, but I don't know about the fastest in the Valley. Top 3? Sure. A lot of people say Bermea is a hurdler, not a sprinter. But if you've watched him anchor the 4x100 relay you'll see that he can sprint too.

Watch the video at 2:43 (4x100 relay). Bermea grabs the baton with PSJA's Justin Gonzalez about 10 yards ahead, passes him up to win the race. He made it look easy too. If Iram Tijerina is the fastest in the Valley, wouldn't his track coach have him anchor the race? I'm no T&F expert but don't they usually put the fastest guy as the anchor?

I still say Bermea would edge out Tijerina in the 100m dash. Tijerina may start out faster but by 50 meters I can see Bermea passing him up. Endurance is a big factor in even a 100m dash and his endurance is . Another thing to note is Tijerina ran a 10.68 that day and I heard Bermea has been clocked at 10.60 before in a practice race. It would be a close race.

Now put some hurdles on the track and let's see how close it would be then ha ha

Junior Varsity

using your logic against you, If Bermea is faster ,then wouldn't they put him in the 100 Meter Dash? I'm no T&F expert. and Spears got the baton right after Bermea and they both stayed together and passed up Gonzalez. Spears even gains on Bermea a bit
    Last edited by rvman21; 05-08-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Hall of Famer

using your logic against you, If Bermea is faster ,then wouldn't they put him in the 100 Meter Dash?
    Obviously his passion and focus is in hurdling, not sprinting. Makes sense to focus more on what you're best at. especially when you can medal at the State level.

and Spears got the baton right after Bermea and they both stayed together and passed up Gonzalez. Spears even gains on Bermea a bit
    If the Wolverines were the team I root for, I'd be telling myself the same thing

I'm sure it would be a photo finish if the 3 raced in the 100m, but I'd still bet my money on Bermea

Hall of Famer

By the way, +rep for the awesome vids.

you've got a green bar now

Thread Information