Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharyland

Premium

Default Sharyland

Shary plays in CC against CC Carroll tomorrow and in CC Tournament starting Thursday. Their first game is against CC Moody. Shary getting in some good early season games. Hopefully it pays off come playoff time.

Does anyone know how Weslaco did at the Laredo Toutnament this past weekend. Looks like there were some really good temas there. Saw Austin Westlake beat Eagle Pass in the Championship.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    Shary plays in CC against CC Carroll tomorrow and in CC Tournament starting Thursday. Their first game is against CC Moody. Shary getting in some good early season games. Hopefully it pays off come playoff time.

Does anyone know how Weslaco did at the Laredo Toutnament this past weekend. Looks like there were some really good temas there. Saw Austin Westlake beat Eagle Pass in the Championship.
    I was told Weslaco went 2-2 at the Laredo tourney.

Hall of Famer

some of the teams at this tourney, cc king, westlake, moody, reagan, eagle pass, eagle pass winn, weslaco,united, burleson, cc ray, alexander and uvalde, so yeah it was a good tourney, if we could get caroll, calallen and sharyland, that would be nice

Hall of Famer

just my opinion, but i think this is the year sharyland might break through..., lets see

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by horns93 View Post
    just my opinion, but i think this is the year sharyland might break through..., lets see
    Hope your right

Hall of Famer

their due, dont you think? every year they have a really good team, and for some reason they cant get over the hump, but this year laredo is down in baseball so there will be no threat from laredo, and im sure they are the best in valley....only caroll is in their way i think...maybe ray

Junior Varsity

With only 3 returning starters i doubt that they will be the same team as last year!!

Hall of Famer

but didnt they keep up with calallen? calallen is supposedly loaded this year

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by horns93 View Post
    but didnt they keep up with calallen? calallen is supposedly loaded this year
    Yup, ended 2-1. Shary has 4 pitchers that would probably be most schools in the Valley's #1 pitcher. I can think of 4 and there might be 5 starters returning from last years team. One of them is returning pitcher that does nothing but pitch. However they are young with 2 freshman getting lots of playing time and there are at least 4-5 freshman on the JV team that would be on most Varsity squads in the Valley. Things still looking bright for Shary Baseball for the future or for at least the next 3 years. I don't know how the school splitting is going to affect them in baseball.

Hall of Famer

Yup, ended 2-1. Shary has 4 pitchers that would probably be most schools in the Valley's #1 pitcher. I can think of 4 and there might be 5 starters returning from last years team. One of them is returning pitcher that does nothing but pitch. However they are young with 2 freshman getting lots of playing time and there are at least 4-5 freshman on the JV team that would be on most Varsity squads in the Valley. Things still looking bright for Shary Baseball for the future or for at least the next 3 years. I don't know how the school splitting is going to affect them in baseball.
    It won't affect Shary, the good baseball players will find a way to stay/go there. Just like at Carrol, Moody, SA Reagan.

Premium

Sharyland is taking 6 freshman out of the 18 players going to the Corpus Christi Tournament starting tomorrow. Sharyland plays Moody tomorrow at 7pm.

Hall of Famer

Like I was saying it won't affect Shary baseball, 6 freshman says it all.

Premium

Tough game for Shary....12-0 loss to Moody...12 hits and 5 errors won't get it done. Hopefully they do better the rest of the Tournament. I know Mchi loss to Flour Bluff 5 -3 earlier also.

Heisman Winner

Tough game for Shary....12-0 loss to Moody...12 hits and 5 errors won't get it done. Hopefully they do better the rest of the Tournament. I know Mchi loss to Flour Bluff 5 -3 earlier also.
    Wow.. Who pitched for Shary?

Premium

Tres pitched. Worse game I've seen Shary pla. Hopefully they got their bad game out of the way. They play SA Stevens @ 10 and Laredo Cig. @ 7.

Heisman Winner

Tres pitched. Worse game I've seen Shary pla. Hopefully they got their bad game out of the way. They play SA Stevens @ 10 and Laredo Cig. @ 7.
    Keep us updated. They will be ok... SA Steven not very strong. Good experience for the young players. Good luck...

Varsity

wow!!!!! Tres is overrated as a pitcher hes a thrower big difference of a pitcher.. Pancho should be there no 2 pitcher.. I went to go see tres last year against mcallen memorial and he got raked..Hes a much better hitter and catcher..

Junior Varsity

it'll be tough for Shary they lost 6 starters which 5 went on to play college ball

Premium

Shary beat SA Stevens 4-1....Martin Trevino complete 1 hit game for Shary.

Premium

Sharyland scores 21 runs in the bottom of the 2nd and the game called after the top of the 3rd. Final Shary 21, Laredo Cigarroa 0. Shary plays at 9am tomorrow.

Mchi and Roma are 1-2 in the tournament.

Thread Information