Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 150 of 150
  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorristheCat View Post
    In a real roundabout way, you almost diss the kids (in a real roundabout way). I know Coach Ford is a great coach but, he himself, says it....he's in a dream position. Heck, alot of guys could win there (not diminishing what Ford has done). One of 3 5A single high schools in the Valley, numbers (athletes) to choose from, and backing from your high school principal and sup. It's a perfect situation. He's in a perfect situation. When you have the horses.....you can run with the best of them. WHen you don't have the horses, you get Dave Evans in Valley View.

    Only time will tell if this was a good fit.
    I guess I see your point about the kids, not my intentions, but I'll shut up on my predictions.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

    Understand before disagreeing.

  2. #142
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cedar Park / Leander, Texas
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgvproud View Post
    Good luck to Coach Gilbert Leal and the Harlingen South Hawks.
    thanks

  3. #143
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cedar Park / Leander, Texas
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorristheCat View Post
    In a real roundabout way, you almost diss the kids (in a real roundabout way). I know Coach Ford is a great coach but, he himself, says it....he's in a dream position. Heck, alot of guys could win there (not diminishing what Ford has done). One of 3 5A single high schools in the Valley, numbers (athletes) to choose from, and backing from your high school principal and sup. It's a perfect situation. He's in a perfect situation. When you have the horses.....you can run with the best of them. WHen you don't have the horses, you get Dave Evans in Valley View.

    Only time will tell if this was a good fit.
    I hope that Harlingen doesnt build a third high school ever...

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exhawk1997 View Post
    I hope that Harlingen doesnt build a third high school ever...
    Don't let eyeofthetiger and Mercedes fans hear you say that, they will start preaching that there is more to life than football (i.e. an education). That's what they just say though because they aren't very good at it.

  5. #145
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    College
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exhawk1997 View Post
    I hope that Harlingen doesnt build a third high school ever...
    ive heard from serveral teachers within the district that it is currently in talks for a 3rd high school. 1 possible location is by the Treasure Hills/Medical district. But so far it is just talks.

  6. #146
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cedar Park / Leander, Texas
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkalum View Post
    ive heard from serveral teachers within the district that it is currently in talks for a 3rd high school. 1 possible location is by the Treasure Hills/Medical district. But so far it is just talks.
    I hope not. They should redraw the district lines. Treasure Hills is where the students go to South. It doesnt make sense. South has one of the lowest enrollments in 5A. They should do that first. Make the North Campus a little smaller by enrollment standards. I dont think Harlingen is growing that much, I dont know, I'm in Austin. I know that when I left, Our population was about 65,000. Has that changed?????

    Anyways, I'm for education but I'm for our athletics just a little more.

  7. #147

    Default

    HS #3 near Treasure Hills would not work unless they took a BIG number from Harl High also. Maybe that's what they're thinking. I had always heard the school district owned a bunch of property by Harlingen field.

    HHS has 2700 and HSH has 2100 last I checked. There's room to grow a bit, but North is going to get too big within 10 years.

  8. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exhawk1997 View Post
    I hope not. They should redraw the district lines. Treasure Hills is where the students go to South. It doesnt make sense. South has one of the lowest enrollments in 5A. They should do that first. Make the North Campus a little smaller by enrollment standards. I dont think Harlingen is growing that much, I dont know, I'm in Austin. I know that when I left, Our population was about 65,000. Has that changed?????

    Anyways, I'm for education but I'm for our athletics just a little more.
    According to an article in the vms this week, it is nearlng 70,000. I do not think this number will warrant a third high school.
    Last edited by valleyfan; 01-24-2009 at 10:01 PM.

  9. #149
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cedar Park / Leander, Texas
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valleyfan View Post
    According to an article in the vms this week, it is nearlng 70,000. I do not think this number will warrant a third high school.
    I agree.. Especially from Southtex's post about the enrollments. (2700 harlingen/2100 South)

    Unless each school has about 3000 students. then I'm for it..

    Quote Originally Posted by Southtex View Post
    HS #3 near Treasure Hills would not work unless they took a BIG number from Harl High also. Maybe that's what they're thinking. I had always heard the school district owned a bunch of property by Harlingen field.

    HHS has 2700 and HSH has 2100 last I checked. There's room to grow a bit, but North is going to get too big within 10 years.

  10. #150
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cedar Park / Leander, Texas
    Posts
    8,310

    Default

    hows coach leal doing????

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •