Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Playoffs

Now that's a good one...that last observation. Quite humorous, really.

Heisman Winner

5A Girls State Finals Duncanville vs. Cibolo Steele! I'm sure Duncanville will take this one tonight!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fsu View Post
    5A Girls State Finals Duncanville vs. Cibolo Steele! I'm sure Duncanville will take this one tonight!
    Duncanville 59 - Steele 36 Final
    Last edited by fsu; 03-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by fsu View Post
    Wow, Steele made it all the way to the state championship game. Makes Harlingen look better they hung with them for a quarter and a half.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    Wow, Steele made it all the way to the state championship game. Makes Harlingen look better they hung with them for a quarter and a half.
    SA area's only 3rd time to get to finals in Girls 5A! Steele beat #3 undefeated Pflugerville to get there! But Duncanville is to Steele what Steele is to RGV, What goes around comes around!

All Star

Wow I guess a good moral victory for HHS to stay with them for a qt and 3 min. I was their and didn't look like Steele was even playing hard. Duncanville lost a lot of talent from last yrs team and still manage to win and go undefeated. Now that's a great program. Steele will more then likely get back their next yr.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Wow I guess a good moral victory for HHS to stay with them for a qt and 3 min. I was their and didn't look like Steele was even playing hard. Duncanville lost a lot of talent from last yrs team and still manage to win and go undefeated. Now that's a great program. Steele will more then likely get back their next yr.
    Yeah, I was underimpressed with their "Baylor commit" in the game vs Harlingen, She is just a Junior, though, they'll be back.

All Star

Yeah, I was underimpressed with their "Baylor commit" in the game vs Harlingen, She is just a Junior, though, they'll be back.
    That girl avg 19 a game and I didn't see to much either in that game. She did better in state champ game her and #15. The girl that impressed me the most was that freshman from Wagner (Ramirez) she is gonna be a heck of a player next few yrs.

Hall of Famer

That is why I said if the crowd can get into it, Steele could potentially suffer from a "shock factor". It somewhat played out like that at first, I just don't think the Lady Cards were good enough this year to capitalize. As well as Coach Z being incapable of in game counter adjustments after the opposition adjusts to what you are doing.

All Star

That is why I said if the crowd can get into it, Steele could potentially suffer from a "shock factor". It somewhat played out like that at first, I just don't think the Lady Cards were good enough this year to capitalize. As well as Coach Z being incapable of in game counter adjustments after the opposition adjusts to what you are doing.
    Yeah Z is to stuck in her ways and hurts the team more then helps. I don't think even the best HHS girls team would have even been close. HHS has had talent and will be okay the next few yrs but in the end the lack of them just playing basketball and her not dictated from the sidelines and were the ball should go every time is what is going to doom them

Hall of Famer

Yeah Z is to stuck in her ways and hurts the team more then helps. I don't think even the best HHS girls team would have even been close. HHS has had talent and will be okay the next few yrs but in the end the lack of them just playing basketball and her not dictated from the sidelines and were the ball should go every time is what is going to doom them
    Well, I said before in another thread, they seem to have two good young assistants. Maybe Coach Z steps aside soon.

Heisman Winner

That girl avg 19 a game and I didn't see to much either in that game. She did better in state champ game her and #15. The girl that impressed me the most was that freshman from Wagner (Ramirez) she is gonna be a heck of a player next few yrs.
    I remember Ramirez when She played with AAU SA Finest about 2-3 years back, She was like in 6th grade playing up against Varsity travel teams!

All Star

Well, I said before in another thread, they seem to have two good young assistants. Maybe Coach Z steps aside soon.
    she will be their another 5 years or so. It's hard to get someone out or her leave if the girls keep winning. Lets face it they will win 25 plus games next yr but playoff time they will be out coached and out played.

Thread Information