Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Junior Varsity

Default Congrats Brownsville Porter

The Porter Cowboys had a great season this year and represented the valley well tonight. I was at the game vs Brandeis and I was surprised at how well Porter hung with I believe was the seventh ranked team in the state. Congrats Brownsville Porter!!!

I agree. Porter kids always play with poise and moxie.
    They hung in there pretty well. I always enjoy watching Porter teams play....
    kudos to Coach Garza and his assistant. They have a terrific program

MVP

Porter played well but once they were forced to play man to man D they were out matched. I expected more from # 3; he's normally lights out but he was MIA last night. The kid bringing the ball up all night wasn't afraid to attack I can't remember his name. Geo?? Bradeis # 30 kid hit 3 after 3. Does Porter have any of these kids returning? It was fun to watching them play that run an gun ball.

Junior Varsity

I think they're losing four if not all five of their starters

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 5starallstar34 View Post
    Well that would suck for porter!
    There is no room in your mind for negative thoughts. The busier you keep yourself with the particulars of shot assessment and execution, the less chance your mind has to dwell on the emotional. This is sheer intensity.
    -- Jack Nicklaus

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 5starallstar34 View Post
    Well that would suck for porter!
    There is no room in your mind for negative thoughts. The busier you keep yourself with the particulars of shot assessment and execution, the less chance your mind has to dwell on the emotional. This is sheer intensity.
    -- Jack Nicklaus

Hall of Famer

That numer 30 kid had 6 straight 3's last night. Didn't miss.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Hall of Famer

And yes a huge congrats to Porter on such a great season! Myrta24 did a great job in covering the boys the whole season and hats off to her, coach garza and the porter cowboys! Much to be proud of!
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

Quote Originally Posted by RunninBobcatfan15 View Post
    And yes a huge congrats to Porter on such a great season! Myrta24 did a great job in covering the boys the whole season and hats off to her, coach garza and the porter cowboys! Much to be proud of!
    Thank you for the support all season. It was a great run.

Yes, Porter will be losing all five starters. But don't count them out just yet. Next year they will be competive. They have two sophomres that are 6' 5" and a group of sophomores that are being developed. This year's freshman group is athletic and has been watched all season long. Porter is getting a good crop of 8th graders and they will be developed. They will be competetive. The bar that this team has set is high but it also gives motivation for the incoming players. I think that Coach Garza and Coach Nick have proven that they develop teams.

Hall of Famer

Coach garza did a great job this year! He developed everything he had. Coach of the year by a longshot!!!!!!!

Thread Information