Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
  1. #41
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mcallen, TX
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3AGLES View Post
    Play it at the Summit or Nikki Rowe
    Can you make it happen? If not take it old school to an outdoor court.

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EDINBURG
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    I think Porter would have beaten United.
    Sons Of The Red and Blue

  3. #43
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mcallen, TX
    Posts
    394

    Default

    When Porter is forced to play man to man D they're not very good. United would've hit 3 after 3 and Porter would be forced to come out of the zone and play man to man D.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank36 View Post
    When Porter is forced to play man to man D they're not very good. United would've hit 3 after 3 and Porter would be forced to come out of the zone and play man to man D.
    Uh....MAN TO MAN defense IS what Porter normally plays. They changed to ZONE against Nikki Rowe. If they are not good playing man to man, how did they end up with 33 wins? Playing man to man, Martin de los Santos was able to restrict Gilbert Reza and Nick Garcia to less than 25 total points each in both games against Harlingen and South. Do your homework....and yes, South did sweept Porter.
    Last edited by myrta24; 03-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.

  5. #45
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    663

    Default

    It's unfair to both Porter and United to guess as to who would win. They didn't play each other. They both had pretty good seasons.

    Leave it at that.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    It's unfair to both Porter and United to guess as to who would win. They didn't play each other. They both had pretty good seasons.

    Leave it at that.

  7. #47
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mcallen, TX
    Posts
    394

    Default

    It was an exciting year of high school basketball Porter represented well, it would be a good game to see maybe next season. Best of luck to both programs.

  8. #48
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    All coaches back to the drawing boards. This season is history. Boys are already training to get ready for next season. I think Edinburg North, Harlingen South, Rowe, Mcallen Memorial should be the top teams for next year. But anyother team can be a surpriser. Got to work hard in the off-season

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    I agree with your top teams next year Magic. Mcallen Memorial will be athletic but I dont see Cortez coaching those kids to there potential. Good luck to all the kids traing already for next season.

  10. #50
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Rowe will win it again easily.....Got everyone back except the point guard....There Core Players are already headed to Houston with HBA/Coach Grazier on the 15th For a Strong Tourny.....Get Better or Get Beat!!!!!

  11. #51
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HBA SUPPORTER View Post
    Rowe will win it again easily.....Got everyone back except the point guard....There Core Players are already headed to Houston with HBA/Coach Grazier on the 15th For a Strong Tourny.....Get Better or Get Beat!!!!!
    Hopefully, they will play against some zones in that tournament, because when I saw them against Porter, they looked terrible against a 2-3 zone.

  12. #52
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Rowe lost both of their guards. They need to find some shooters next year.

  13. #53
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    So i heard the oldest Upchurch boy was in class today at Mchi, maybe a return?

  14. #54
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantherpride View Post
    Rowe lost both of their guards. They need to find some shooters next year.
    Rowe actually has some shooters but the offense was geared to pound it inside. They will definetely have to just work on their confidence level in shooting. When teams start going zone on them they need to be confident in shooting the 3ball. They know that already. Adjustments will be made.

  15. #55
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Both weslaco and east gave them a great game because of the lack of shooters this year. We packed it in and made it a game. What shooters will they have for next year? Elutario was the best shooter this year.

  16. #56
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantherpride View Post
    Both weslaco and east gave them a great game because of the lack of shooters this year. We packed it in and made it a game. What shooters will they have for next year? Elutario was the best shooter this year.
    Dont want to put any names out there. But the're is a better shooter on that team than Eluterio he just was not given the green light to shoot because he was an inside paint player.
    You'll know who im talking about by mid summer.

  17. #57

    Default

    Why wait, I've seen the kid. He has helped us out and is the best outside shooter for Rowe. #32 Martinez, look out this year, especially if they move him out to the 3 spot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Dont want to put any names out there. But the're is a better shooter on that team than Eluterio he just was not given the green light to shoot because he was an inside paint player.
    You'll know who im talking about by mid summer.

  18. #58
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    THE NEST
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Way to let the cat out of the bag, watch out for Rowe, they will be very good next year, shooting may cost them a game or two but it won't stop them from winning district and making a run at regionals again. Harligen South will be up there as well with Preciado now becoming eligible and all the returning guys, Edinburg North will be the class of its district again, big bodies inside and speed outside. After those teams it's a step down for sure, Harligen High will reload, Edinburg High and Sharyland will as well. Memorial will be young but has size and athletes.
    3AGLES

  19. #59

    Default

    Anyone attending the all star game today

  20. #60
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    I attended. Good Games

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •