Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    clipse2xx

Quote Originally Posted by LAMAQUINA06 View Post
    i aint bashing no one bro its true ever since he took over as offensive coordinator 2 years ago EE offense stats have gone down way down....
    YOU NEED A ROLE MODEL, A HUG OR SOMETHING. WHY SO MUCH HATE?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by clipse2xx View Post
    YOU NEED A ROLE MODEL, A HUG OR SOMETHING. WHY SO MUCH HATE?
    naw man i dont need no more love got plenty of it....maybe its u and the tigers who need alot of love after an 0-10 season i dont blame u

'THE BLACK HOLE"

clipse2xx

naw man i dont need no more love got plenty of it....maybe its u and the tigers who need alot of love after an 0-10 season i dont blame u
    I think you got me confused son, I'm not from V V.

i aint bashing no one bro its true ever since he took over as offensive coordinator 2 years ago EE offense stats have gone down way down....
    Well, that is not necessarily his fault though...

Legend

well whos fault is it then.....

'THE BLACK HOLE"

clipse2xx

YOURS! YA DUERMETE MOCOSO, UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY.
    Last edited by clipse2xx; 01-17-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Legend

no ones talking to your old fart...you go to sleep arent your grand kids going to come visit u in the morning

'THE BLACK HOLE"

clipse2xx

. Nevermind buddy.
    Last edited by clipse2xx; 01-17-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Rawr06

E-E assistant Hamilton to take over at Valley View

PHARR - Tracy Hamilton has faced a lot of challenges before in his coaching career.

What he faces at Valley View, however, could be something different.

At a special meeting of the Valley View ISD Board of Trustees Friday night, Hamilton was hired to be the Tigers' coach and high school athletic director and given a one-year contract. Hamilton, who was the offensive line coach at Edcouch-Elsa, replaces David Evans. Evans was reassigned after going 1-19 in his two seasons at Valley View, including 0-10 in 2008.

Hamilton was chosen in a unanimous vote instead of the other two finalists: former Mission High coach Tom Lee and Mission defensive coordinator Tony Hinsley. In Hamilton, Valley View is getting a coach that has spent time as both a head coach and assistant, having spent time at Ingleside and Robbstown.

And after being at Edcouch-Elsa, Hamilton has seen the struggles of the Tigers, a team which has only one win. Of course, having coached at E-E, he remembered that that one win was a 7-6 upset of Mercedes, the Yellowjackets' fiercest rival.

Now, though, Hamilton's challenge is to make victories like that more frequent, and not quite as surprising.

"I was very impressed with the people and the school board and all the people at Valley View. They made me feel welcome," Hamilton said. "I've never backed down from challenges. When I came down to Edcouch-Elsa that was a challenge. It's going to be a challenge. A big, uphill challenge."

One of the biggest obstacles Hamilton faces in building the Tigers' program is establishing something of a football culture at the school. Though Valley View has been successful in other sports, especially boys' soccer, the school lacks any football tradition.

Evans, when he was reassigned, said that was especially challenging and difficult to overcome.

E-E coach and Hamilton's former employer Joe Solis recognizes how tough that will be for Hamilton, but has confidence that his former assistant can build the program.

"It is a big challenge going in there trying to get that program turned around," Solis said. "If they work with him and help him out and everything else, that's something that could really help the program.

"He knows football and is very supportive of all the other sports. I feel he's going to do a good job and I wish the best for him."

Hamilton, who will be the third head coach in four varsity seasons for Valley View, might need all the well-wishes he can get. Though the Tigers had high expectations to build off their upset win over Mercedes in 2007, they struggled in 2008.

Now it's up to Hamilton to make sure 2009 isn't quite the same.

"I'm going there to win. We're going to take it one step at a time," Hamilton said. "I'm going to evaluate coaches from all sports, not just football. We're going to try to get things turned around."

Brian Sandalow covers District 32-4A football for Valley Freedom Newspapers. You can reach him at (956) 683-4436 or via e-mail at bsandalow@themonitor.com.

http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/ha...ley_going.html

Default Fault

Its the fault of whoever calls the plays and gets out coached every year in the playoffs eventhough he has superior talent. Its solis' fault. He calls the plays. He does what he wants and doesn't listen to his assistants. He's always had good coaches around him who coach the kids for him to screw it up on friday nights. I'm not talking about district games cause with the talent at EE the kids really don't need coaching to beat the teams in their district. I'm talking about the playoffs. Solis is always outclassed as well as outcoached. Everyone will find this out when he goes to another school. The only school he could possibly succeed at is Harlingen or Los Fresnos where there is alot of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BUEY View Post
    Its the fault of whoever calls the plays and gets out coached every year in the playoffs eventhough he has superior talent. Its solis' fault. He calls the plays. He does what he wants and doesn't listen to his assistants. He's always had good coaches around him who coach the kids for him to screw it up on friday nights. I'm not talking about district games cause with the talent at EE the kids really don't need coaching to beat the teams in their district. I'm talking about the playoffs. Solis is always outclassed as well as outcoached. Everyone will find this out when he goes to another school. The only school he could possibly succeed at is Harlingen or Los Fresnos where there is alot of talent.

I can't think of 1 coach in the valley who wouldn't be able to do the same thing with the talent EE has every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtex View Post

I can't think of 1 coach in the valley who wouldn't be able to do the same thing with the talent EE has every year.

Hamilton has a long road ahead of him. It's not going to be an easy task... I just hope they give him the chance (more than 2 years) that they didn't give to Gonazles and Evans.

Legend

Solis always does call the plays thats why Garza left EE because solis never wanted to give him the off.cord position and Garza was mastermind of the off. Solis needs to hire a real off. cord to manage game for him and not choke in playoffs like he does

'THE BLACK HOLE"

Solis always does call the plays thats why Garza left EE because solis never wanted to give him the off.cord position and Garza was mastermind of the off. Solis needs to hire a real off. cord to manage game for him and not choke in playoffs like he does
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold", UNOOOO.......

Thread Information