Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 384
  1. #81
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out there somewhere
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WIDEISTHEFUTURE View Post
    Hopefully the board will have nothing to do with it and philosophy, playbook, and player relation skills will determine the successors at both Mission Schools. Mission has made some horrible decisions but that is more the reason for them not to hire recycled coaches. They will be more careful this time......Maybe! Eagle440 are you saying Pena is a shoe in? Casas from LJ?
    Well I'm gonna say it. I don't want Casas to be the guy at either of our schools. He left a good situation here to go for greener pastures at LJ and then he wants to return for a lower position than what he already had. It'll just look weird in my eye, but you just never know.

    No, please not Casas.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

  2. #82

    Default

    Yes 4wide! But I am praying for AD intervention. I felt sick when we hired Cavazos but even then, they had a legitimate excuse, he had taken over at EE and they had a good record because of "the kids". There is no excuse this time. I hope not. I'll be depressed for another 3-6 years. I miss a packed Tom Landry Stadium. I miss watching the ball fly through the air. I miss Koy, Lupe, Nati, Frank, Jamaar, and Earvin.

  3. #83
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out there somewhere
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle440 View Post
    Yes 4wide! But I am praying for AD intervention. I felt sick when we hired Cavazos but even then, they had a legitimate excuse, he had taken over at EE and they had a good record because of "the kids". There is no excuse this time. I hope not. I'll be depressed for another 3-6 years. I miss a packed Tom Landry Stadium. I miss watching the ball fly through the air. I miss Koy, Lupe, Nati, Frank, Jamaar, and Earvin.

    If you want the ball in the air, maybe the Harlingen OC is the guy you want. I hear his offenses are aerial attack by nature. Hopefully your wishes are granted and a pass 1st scheme and run on occasion offense will come back to Mission.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleprophet View Post
    If you want the ball in the air, maybe the Harlingen OC is the guy you want. I hear his offenses are aerial attack by nature. Hopefully your wishes are granted and a pass 1st scheme and run on occasion offense will come back to Mission.
    Gantt would be perfect for Mission. Offensive guy in an offensive minded school. Time will tell...

  5. #85

    Default

    I think it just suits us better. Spread em out and let the air show begin.

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleprophet View Post
    Well I'm gonna say it. I don't want Casas to be the guy at either of our schools. He left a good situation here to go for greener pastures at LJ and then he wants to return for a lower position than what he already had. It'll just look weird in my eye, but you just never know.

    No, please not Casas.
    Agreed. But I'm sorry All Mighty Prophet my crystal ball tells me we will both be saddened. Hopefully at Vets though. Not at MIGHTY MISSION HIGH> RETURN TO GLORY!........please

  7. #87
    MVP
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mission, Texas
    Posts
    360

    Default


  8. #88
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out there somewhere
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePower View Post
    Well they're gonna open the positions until Jan. 27 for submission of applications. I got a text message today that a certain person is going to come back to Mission "according to word"!!

    The board will look for the best qualified and most successful guy in mind that would do well with our student athletes. We'll see what we both get in Mcisd.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

  9. #89

    Default

    Only guys I'd be excited about coming back are Detmer, Rodriguez, or Taylor. Anyone else "coming back" don't have what it takes to get kids excited about playing. If they look at other candidates they had better be motivators, likable, and knowledgable. You also gotta be able to say "Mission" not "Mitchen"!

  10. #90
    Varsity
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    McAllen, Texas
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle440 View Post
    Only guys I'd be excited about coming back are Detmer, Rodriguez, or Taylor. Anyone else "coming back" don't have what it takes to get kids excited about playing. If they look at other candidates they had better be motivators, likable, and knowledgable. You also gotta be able to say "Mission" not "Mitchen"!
    lol "Mitchen Eagles"..... Spoke to Taylor at BJ's a week ago, very sharp guy, he almost had me wanting to tackle the waiter ha! I asked him about the Mitchen job and he said it would be a nice job to have. I could see him at the helm of some program soon. He worked with my son three seasons ago for a summerlong strength and conditioning program. He had my kid working out with Bradley Stephens, the Granchelli brothers, and ex EE QB Rubio. My son said they were pushed to the limit.

  11. #91

    Default

    That would be a very interesting choice in Mission imagine the work Taylor could do with the already established WR core in Mission i can see that working out really well for the Eagles


    "How can a you hit and think at the same time?"

  12. #92

    Default

    Yeah I think that would blow Mission High's football marketing up for the youth here! Imagine the excitement that would start. Only thing is Taylor doesn't have head coaching experience (not saying he couldn't do job), and these people want experience...i.e "you have to lose 60% of your games to have "experience"?"
    Hey 4Wide, what else did he say?

  13. #93
    Varsity
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    McAllen, Texas
    Posts
    53

    Default

    He's at LJ now. Said he was relegated to being the WR coach solely. I asked if he implemented any offensive plays, but he said no one never asked that of him at LJ. He said its been tough there with the 3 way split and that this situation has made him a better coach. He told me his kids didn't even know what simple coverages were when he got there. Also said he'd run a program under a collegiate schedule, told me Detmer and Dicus both ran their programs under such a schedule. I also didn't know he had been under Urban Meyer at Notre Dame, he also said he keeps contact with his ex WR coach at A&M (now Houston Cougar Head Coach) Kevin Sumlin. He seems greatful to have been blessed to be influenced and taught by some great coaches, (Detmer, Urban Meyer (current Florida coach), Sumlin (Houston) , R.C Slocum, Tom Coughlin, and Kevin Gilbride (NY Giants OC). If Eagle440 is right then this Mission job is sewn up for Pena, but Taylor would have been an interesting pick or consideration. Wish we had room at McHi for him.

  14. #94
    Varsity
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    McAllen, Texas
    Posts
    53

    Default

    What kind of offense was Lee running Eagle440? Pass %, Run %. 3 wide receivers, 4 wide receivers, pro?

  15. #95
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WIDEISTHEFUTURE View Post
    He's at LJ now. Said he was relegated to being the WR coach solely. I asked if he implemented any offensive plays, but he said no one never asked that of him at LJ. He said its been tough there with the 3 way split and that this situation has made him a better coach. He told me his kids didn't even know what simple coverages were when he got there. Also said he'd run a program under a collegiate schedule, told me Detmer and Dicus both ran their programs under such a schedule. I also didn't know he had been under Urban Meyer at Notre Dame, he also said he keeps contact with his ex WR coach at A&M (now Houston Cougar Head Coach) Kevin Sumlin. He seems greatful to have been blessed to be influenced and taught by some great coaches, (Detmer, Urban Meyer (current Florida coach), Sumlin (Houston) , R.C Slocum, Tom Coughlin, and Kevin Gilbride (NY Giants OC). If Eagle440 is right then this Mission job is sewn up for Pena, but Taylor would have been an interesting pick or consideration. Wish we had room at McHi for him.
    LJ rec. were not very good - i know their scheme wasn't pass friendly, but the rec. techniques were awful - why would mchi want him

  16. #96
    Varsity
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    McAllen, Texas
    Posts
    53

    Default

    It was his first season and lets be honest....LJ doesn't have the talent. All I remember is that they never did a drop back pass. I think vs us they were bootlegging the entire time, the wide receivers were non-existant because we just zone blitzed the hell out of them and QB was running for his life whole game. The guy knows his stuff. Normal people or coaches will never get the amount of knowledge he's gotten from the QUALITY of coaches he's been around. He had to start somewhere, anywhere I guess....since his last name isn't Garza and he has NO beer belly I'm positive he has no compadre skills.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WIDEISTHEFUTURE View Post
    What kind of offense was Lee running Eagle440? Pass %, Run %. 3 wide receivers, 4 wide receivers, pro?
    I think it was the cluster****!

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4WIDEISTHEFUTURE View Post
    What kind of offense was Lee running Eagle440? Pass %, Run %. 3 wide receivers, 4 wide receivers, pro?
    LOL Lee never had an offense to begin with.

  19. #99
    MVP
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mission, Texas
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleprophet View Post
    Well they're gonna open the positions until Jan. 27 for submission of applications. I got a text message today that a certain person is going to come back to Mission "according to word"!!

    The board will look for the best qualified and most successful guy in mind that would do well with our student athletes. We'll see what we both get in Mcisd.
    Who's this person?

  20. #100
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    34

    Default

    first you say he would be a fantastic pick to run the mission program...not just take part in improving it...but RUNNING it...and now you make an excuse for his recievers not running good routes by saying "it was his first year!" Man are you confused.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •