Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

ACTUALLY YOU ARE RIGHT........The old "Compadre" or BUSH ADMIN needs to stick to studying TAKS results and let the AD do his job! Leonel Bush is gonna have hell if he doesn't get these jobs, he had a tough time because those kids questioned his "faith" in them, now he has tried to abandon them after he already did that toward the end of year according to various student-athlete reports? They said he didn't even go to practice! Maybe he's had a change of heart? Yeah, and OJ Simpson didnt kill Nicole Brown!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle440 View Post
    ACTUALLY YOU ARE RIGHT........The old "Compadre" or BUSH ADMIN needs to stick to studying TAKS results and let the AD do his job! Leonel Bush is gonna have hell if he doesn't get these jobs, he had a tough time because those kids questioned his "faith" in them, now he has tried to abandon them after he already did that toward the end of year according to various student-athlete reports? They said he didn't even go to practice! Maybe he's had a change of heart? Yeah, and OJ Simpson didnt kill Nicole Brown!
    hahaha Leonel Bush.

Junior Varsity

Eagle440 is absolutely correct. How in the world does Casas answer to LJ kids if he doesn'tget a job here in Mission? he has already alienated them. Now applying to leave them? That cannot sit to well with those kids and their parents. Again, the word loyalty. Does it mean ANYTHING anymore? I read these comments with great interest and I cannot help bt see thatn there are Patriot fans parents AND eagle fans saying Coach gilpin is the right man this time around. Eagkle prophet, I understand what yu are sayi g that patriot fans are just nwo coming out but is this not the right time for them to do so. I really respect your loyalty to misson hgih school and I too hopee that Mission gets the right coach and gets back to their winning ways, but my concern is more with vets right now becuase it is about my family. I hope you nderstand that I only want what is the best for my kids and in all fairness all kids in the athletics at vets. I am glad to see so many people have voiced their opinion about gilpin. I am going to continue to support him in this situation. hw has earned it. I don't want o be neagtive about others but I cannot sit back and watch people try to ram casas down our throats. Eagle440, you hav sated valid facts about casas in LJ. I know these are true as well. And like ol skool said-Gilpin for change!

Junior Varsity

Ol skool coach gilpin is currently the def line coach at head track coach at vets. Jokeer saidit earlier. he has never had the chance to move up to dc because every coaching change brought a new dc WITH the new head coach. Yes, eagle440 and joker, he was on detmer and dicus staff along with cris Cavazos staff at Mission and he ahs been at vets every since they opened the school. It was detmer who brought himin and i remember watching him when he was younger. he was intense. Watching him the last few years it did not seem that he has slowed down much. Still fiery and into the game. My son says he was the one that could getthe team reaqdy to play whenever it was needed. he also says that he does not remember delagarza even being a coach on the team. That says a lot right there. Again I beg the board to do the right thing by these kids the school and our community. Come on eagle prophet, help us out. you even said gilpin would have been a good fit at mission but he has apolied only at vets. Loyalty to his kids there at vets? like 38 out of 46 he could have applied at both but stuk with themkids he knows and care sabout. you have to respect that!

Heisman Winner

Default Gilpin for Change!

^ wow. After reading what TheEagle, GIG'em and Joker have to say about this man Gilpin, I'm impressed at his ability to bring the best out of young athletes at Vetz. You really have to appreciate and admire such loyalty to the Mission community. The man has certainly payed his dues with Mission ISD. I'm officially on the GILPIN bandwagon! Well I truly hope Misison makes the right decision for the kids.
    Last edited by ol' school; 01-30-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

Well they tell me that David Gilpin needs to get Kathy Howells recommendation and blessing before he becomes head football coach. I want someone to explain that to me. I'm not clear on that,
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Junior Varsity

HEY EAGLE PROFIT- KATHY HOWELL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS- SHE IS THE HEAD TRACK COACH AND CROSS COUNTRY COACH AT VETS AND SHE HAS NO OTHER ASSIGNED OR APPOINTED DUTIES CONCERNING THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM- SHE'S DAMN GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL AND GILPIN DOESN'T NEED BLESSINGS OR APPROVAL- HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB AND SHOULD GET A CHANCE AT THAT JOB-

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BABYBOOMER View Post
    HEY EAGLE PROFIT- KATHY HOWELL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS- SHE IS THE HEAD TRACK COACH AND CROSS COUNTRY COACH AT VETS AND SHE HAS NO OTHER ASSIGNED OR APPOINTED DUTIES CONCERNING THE ATHLETIC PROGRAM- SHE'S DAMN GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL AND GILPIN DOESN'T NEED BLESSINGS OR APPROVAL- HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB AND SHOULD GET A CHANCE AT THAT JOB-
    Read my first post. I said Gnatt or Gilpin should be my top options for Vets. I was just needing some kind of clarification as to why those comments regarding Howell and Gilpin really meant.

I'm just telling you that the post I just did was a comment I didn't understand from some very close friends and athletic personnel within the district. I found it kinda weird so I just thought I'd ask for some clarification from some of the people in here that may be closer to the situation at Vets. What does it mean when they say Kathy Howell. I see her as an excellent coach and all. I was just confused at that comment.
    Last edited by eagleprophet; 01-31-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Junior Varsity

Default Wheeler is the man

I hope Coach Wheeler gets a chance...the defense will be dominating and he is sure to get a hire a graet OC

Hall of Famer

Who is wheeler? Is he a current vets coach?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleprophet View Post
    Who is wheeler? Is he a current vets coach?
    Wheeler is the DC @ Los Fresnos.

Junior Varsity

Then some body tell kathy howell to give coach gilpin her blessing. She sknow how good a coach he is. They are bith head track coaches at vets.

Default The blessings of coaches

As a long time employee and student in Mission, I can tell you that Coach Howell was an outstanding teacher and coach and continues to be. coach Gilpin I spoke about in the Mission thread. The only reason DeLaGarza wants the head coaches' position is because he wants the Coordinator position, and I have heard that Coach Howell wants it also. I do not understand why a coordinator's position must be the Head Football coach. It has been explained to me that without the positions being as one, we will not attract good coaches from anywhere.

What I know about Casas is that while AD at Mission, he did nothing for staff or for kids, and that should be what it is all about. If we could have gilpin back at MHS, nothing could stop that Eagle team...he just has that affect on students. For Gilpin, it doesn't even matter which team it is, MHS or VMHS, her cheers them all on. That is what a leader does. Plus, his wife supports her husband without tearing any kid, coach, or anyone down...Romeo can't say that. It is horrible to speak of a man's family, but the HC wife in basketball or any sport should know how to cheer for her team without being as unruly as some of the kids.

Gilpin deserves the position, I just hope the fans at Vets will support him even if they lose a game and let him rebuild a program. he is the man for the job.

Heisman Winner

^

not the first time I hear people critique Romeo's wife. Is she really that out of hand? wow.
    Last edited by ol' school; 02-02-2009 at 07:40 AM.

Yall are attacking familia now......I'm sure she is just a huge emotional fan. You should have seen me last night. My wife thought I was crazy yelling at tv. Ha.

Junior Varsity

What are you talkin about eagle profit - why not ask your informants why Kathy Howell needs to give her blessing? That is a bunch of bull and sounds like your interest now is to ruffle feathers on the vets side. Howell and Gilpin are sound. No worries. By the way I hear Casas interest isn't Vets but Eagles. That ought to give the eagles something to chew on.

Junior Varsity

Regarding wives behaviors (in general)on the sidelines or the court, show your support with POSITIVE remarks, yes this family in particular has a HISTORY of being reprimanded by A.D.'s, Officials, Principal's, and their own teams parents. This is one reason out of many, many more- that we need to make sure we cross our t's and dot our i's on the next selection. Pick experience, LOYALTY, and Mission's choice! GILPIN for Head Coach!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What are you talkin about eagle profit - why not ask your informants why Kathy Howell needs to give her blessing? That is a bunch of bull and sounds like your interest now is to ruffle feathers on the vets side. Howell and Gilpin are sound. No worries. By the way I hear Casas interest isn't Vets but Eagles. That ought to give the eagles something to chew on.
    Well in the list of apps he put both schools down so you can't be so sure on that now can ya!! Whoever we both wind up needs to at least be given a chance the way the last two guys were given 5 and 6 years respectively.

Junior Varsity

Just another summaryafter reading several of the latest posts. Eagle prophet-I do not see where Kathy Howell cmes in to this discussion. Although she has ben a very sucessful track coach, I am not sure why anybody would hi k she holds he key to Coach Gilpin getting hired. Also eag;e prophet, as a stated eagle fan i would think you can would undewrstand the desire by the people postin g in this forum to have gilpn tske over at vets. you havwe seenhis impact on the football team personnaly. I would think that if he was applying at mission you would want him to be the new coac there. Delagarza? You have seen the comments about him and his family here on this forum. Besidesthe fact that he is a bb coach just the many posts abut how he acts towards kids and colleagues should be enough to makehis application nothingmore than amjoke. Casas? No need to rehash his MANY prolems.

I have been vocal in m y support for Coach Gilpin and I will continue to do so. I spoke, AGAIN to my son. He syas that is not ONE player at vets thatdoes not want gilpin to be there leader next seasin. He asked coasch gilpin why he was not a;ready the coach and gilpin said he was hopeful and he apreciayted the support he was getting. He said that he was ready to be the head coach!

I have readthe comments about delagarzas familys actions with interstbecause I have witnessed teis first hand. EMBARRASNG!!!! certainy not appropriate fr comeone thinking he is capable of being a leader for an entire athletic program. What a joke thisguy and his family have become in Mission!! He care about himself, no the kids, the school or anything else/ COACH GILPIN should be our next head coach no questuins asked!!!! If you dont elieve me just ask the kids or anyone associated wh the vets program. Like the old saying goes. Whwere there is smoke there is fire/ To much smoke abiut gilpin! he is the man to take this program over!

Junior Varsity

EaglemProphet, yes Casas aplied at bith porgrams meanung he COULD be hired at Vets. 38 applicants applied at bothschoolsmeaning teir lyalty to either school is null and void. Coach Gilpin applied ONLY at vets. Not Miission! He is looking to be the leader of the kidshe knows!! I know your interest is in the mission job-understandable, but you must respect the fact that out of 46 qpplicants only 4 applies only for the vets job. Delagarza? JOKE!! Wheeler? Applies for every job opening this off season. and has not gotten an offer.. Donavan?? Who?? Only one answer COACH GILPIN!!!Schoolboard get off of your personal agendas and hire the man that will be a LEADER for our kids!!

Thread Information