Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Eagle440 I like what you have to say. You too Eagle4life!! Coach Gilpin!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

From what was told to me is that they are going to interview like 10 or so coaches and they are going to be interviewed by the two committees simultaneously and they get to pick their coach from the pack. Then those that applied for the sole schools will get a chance to be interviewed by that school's committee only to see if he is the one they want.

Question is which school gets to pick their coach first and what if both schools have the same guy ranked #1 by the repsective committees. What happens then. ARe they gonna flip a coin to see who gets first dibs. This could get really ugly if that were the case.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Gig 'Em Aggies View Post
    EaglemProphet, yes Casas aplied at bith porgrams meanung he COULD be hired at Vets. 38 applicants applied at bothschoolsmeaning teir lyalty to either school is null and void. Coach Gilpin applied ONLY at vets. Not Miission! He is looking to be the leader of the kidshe knows!! I know your interest is in the mission job-understandable, but you must respect the fact that out of 46 qpplicants only 4 applies only for the vets job. Delagarza? JOKE!! Wheeler? Applies for every job opening this off season. and has not gotten an offer.. Donavan?? Who?? Only one answer COACH GILPIN!!!Schoolboard get off of your personal agendas and hire the man that will be a LEADER for our kids!!
    chill out Gig'Em Aggies, you are way too excited at this point and you are typing way too fast therefore making alot typos. I counted at least 10 errors in this quote alone. On the other hand, you did make plenty of good points as why Vets should hire Gilpin. Hope it works out for Vets.
    Last edited by ol' school; 02-03-2009 at 01:34 AM.

Junior Varsity

Boy-sure would love to know which coach you are Eagle Profit? You know too much inside information just off the presses. Hell the committee just went in to select coaches, and you already had it narrowed down to 10 selections- either that or you are one of the breakfast clubbers that does have school board members on it and sit down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

Junior Varsity

Default G-I-L-P-I-N !!!

There is only one choice committee for Veterans!
    GILPIN! GILPIN! GILPIN!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Boy-sure would love to know which coach you are Eagle Profit? You know too much inside information just off the presses. Hell the committee just went in to select coaches, and you already had it narrowed down to 10 selections- either that or you are one of the breakfast clubbers that does have school board members on it and sit down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
    Read the board minutes on the district website. It's all public information my friend. Everyone is welcomed to it. I'll post the link for you to read it later on tonight.

I don't know any board members personally!! What is the breakfast club anyways?

Check the link below:

http://www.mcisd.net/ComRel/brdhilits/020209hilits.pdf
    Last edited by eagleprophet; 02-03-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Junior Varsity

Sorry about the typos ol skool just typing fast. Trying to clean it up this time. Ha s anyone heard whowill be getting interviews. Somebody wrote that the committee was meeting today. Any word out there yet?

Hall of Famer

Sorry about the typos ol skool just typing fast. Trying to clean it up this time. Ha s anyone heard whowill be getting interviews. Somebody wrote that the committee was meeting today. Any word out there yet?
    Screening lasts several days with the number of applicants on the list. They will screen for at least 2 or maybe even 3 days. And they cannot say anything so if names get out, then someone is not keeping the oath of secrecy in tact.

Junior Varsity

Thank You Profit- Good to know the website now. By the way the breakfast club consists of approximately 7-8 ex-Mission allumnist who discuss the ins and outs of Mission (more outs than ins). They have an opinion for EVERYTHING. By the way Casas belongs to this bunch.

Junior Varsity

Cool

Half of the applicants are out. They didn't meat specs. Evrybody who made the cut gets an interview. DE gets the first tommorrow at nine.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by fine wine View Post
    Half of the applicants are out. They didn't meat specs. Evrybody who made the cut gets an interview. DE gets the first tommorrow at nine.
    David Evans. He's a good one.

Angry No doubt

If there were any doubt about Romeo getting the HC/Coor. position it should be over tonight. He is the most arrogant.....person I have ever seen. An Eagle kid got a technical for arguing a call with the ref, yet Romeo who was shaking his fist at many calls got nothing. Just as everyone has mentioned, the fight would not have broken out though if his family had sat on the Vets side instead of sitting with MHS and taunting our students.

Administration and supervision sucked. It was embarrassing. The boy from Mission has true problems and we told him not to go to tonight's game, he lost it and went across the court into the Vet football boy crowd. The fight continued outside, Mission PD had to be called, etc. Bad, bad night.

What makes me soooooooo angry is that MHS will get the black eye, santioned, or whatever, and it was the HEAD BB coach's sister of Romeo, and her friends sitting with her that started it all. Even the old man, his father was taunting the kids....must be genetic....can you tell how ticked off I am.

You can read what I wrote about the game on that thread, but if Romeo DeLaGarza gets any other job at VMHS, that school is in for a serious string of problems. After what I saw from his behavior, he should have been sat down by his principal, and told to shut up. He was on the court more than the boys were.

Hall of Famer

So does anyone have a list of the actual coaches getting interviewed??

What about the committee? Who is on each of those? I know two of the members from MHS, but no one else, and it is a little surprising who they are. One is a teacher who knows very little about sports, is a dept. head, but that is not at all the same thing.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
    What about the committee? Who is on each of those? I know two of the members from MHS, but no one else, and it is a little surprising who they are. One is a teacher who knows very little about sports, is a dept. head, but that is not at all the same thing.
    Do you know if they can make the interview list public information. There was some interesting talk about the entire process and how it is a strange one at that.

What if both schools rate the same guy as "their" guy in the end??? What happens then?? Do they flip a coin for him? Do they ask him where he wants to go? What gives? This is totally weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
    If there were any doubt about Romeo getting the HC/Coor. position it should be over tonight. He is the most arrogant.....person I have ever seen. An Eagle kid got a technical for arguing a call with the ref, yet Romeo who was shaking his fist at many calls got nothing. Just as everyone has mentioned, the fight would not have broken out though if his family had sat on the Vets side instead of sitting with MHS and taunting our students.

Administration and supervision sucked. It was embarrassing. The boy from Mission has true problems and we told him not to go to tonight's game, he lost it and went across the court into the Vet football boy crowd. The fight continued outside, Mission PD had to be called, etc. Bad, bad night.

What makes me soooooooo angry is that MHS will get the black eye, santioned, or whatever, and it was the HEAD BB coach's sister of Romeo, and her friends sitting with her that started it all. Even the old man, his father was taunting the kids....must be genetic....can you tell how ticked off I am.

You can read what I wrote about the game on that thread, but if Romeo DeLaGarza gets any other job at VMHS, that school is in for a serious string of problems. After what I saw from his behavior, he should have been sat down by his principal, and told to shut up. He was on the court more than the boys were.
    Its called sports. I am an Eagle but of course its gonna look horrible on us bc one of ours blew their tops. Romeo has done a tremendous job at Vets for their basketball program and he and any other coach should harp on refs about calls (respectively), but when kids do it, it becomes automatic for ref to call technical. The refs tell the players all the time "Let the coach talk to me about calls". I think he is in the position he needs to be in (basketball). He wins. Most likely because he is INSANE about the game ala Bob Knight and even then Romeo isn't that bad. Sounds like I missed a good one!

Junior Varsity

Has nobody heard whon got interviews today? I cant blieve it is thatbig a secret out there. I heard the same thign that fine wine said-20 interviews only those who didn;t meet specs were eliminated. What were the specs? Anybody know?

Junior Varsity

Romeo delagarza and his family are ajoke and are embarrassing vets. I was at the game last night. He has to be thie biggest cryabbay in the valley. Someone siad his sister instigated the whole thing. No surprose. His wife is even worse. She has tastless, vicious remarks for all opponents, including coaches AND THE KIDS! DLGarza ahas no business being in charge of the bb program, much less the entire athletic mprogram. He and his family should be wtched with a close eye by district officials.

Heisman Winner

Romeo delagarza and his family are ajoke and are embarrassing vets. I was at the game last night. He has to be thie biggest cryabbay in the valley. Someone siad his sister instigated the whole thing. No surprose. His wife is even worse. She has tastless, vicious remarks for all opponents, including coaches AND THE KIDS! DLGarza ahas no business being in charge of the bb program, much less the entire athletic mprogram. He and his family should be wtched with a close eye by district officials.
    bet they will now. Too many incidents already, and yesterday's fight took the cake. Not good for the community to have a coach carry himself the way he does.

Junior Varsity

Agreed ol school. This has become a sick joke with this guy and his family. I asked my son and he told methat the kids are all upset worried that Delagarza will be the next head football coach. The kids don;t want him! That is scary to me as a parent. I need a head coach that will be stern but fair abd know how to relate to people...kids included.

Thread Information