Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePower View Post
    heh sorry but what exactly does that mean?
    The committees will make a recommendation to the administration(superintendent) and then he turns around, interviews the persons recommended and takes the names the committee recommends to the board meeting for their approval. It's a pretty complicated process which can take some unexpected turns and such, but normally the board approves the recommendations made to them by the administration.

So by Wednesday night, we should have our coaches. Or at least, I hope so.
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

MVP

Thought the meeting was on Wednesday
    Mercedes, Mission High and Mission Veterans in line to fill vacancies
    Comments 0 | Recommend 0
    All three expected to be filled by Tuesday night
    February 8, 2009 - 8:48 PM
    RGVSports.com

The appearance of District 32-4A will become a lot clearer in the next two days.

The three remaining coaching vacancies will be filled starting Monday night. The first opening will be filled Monday night at a meeting of the Mercedes ISD school board, when Mercedes is expected to hire the successor to Gilbert Leal, who left to become the coach at Harlingen South. Then on Tuesday, Mission High and Mission Veterans Memorial are expected to fill their posts, which were vacated in December when Tom Lee, then Mission High coach, and Carlos Longoria, then Mission Veterans coach, were let go.

Keep checking back to RGVSports.com Monday and Tuesday night to find out who will coach the three programs next.
    http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/me...on_monday.html

Hall of Famer

Thought the meeting was on Wednesday

http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/me...on_monday.html
    Thanks POWER!!! Ur doing a good job researching things. Keep up the good work.

Well normally the meetings are on Tuesday, but the board highlights indicated a Wednesday date. The sooner the better no.

Arriba Las Aguilas y los Patriotas!!!
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Junior Varsity

The Board Meeting was moved up to Tuesday..

Here are the Finalists as confirmed to me by a source close to the hiring and two additional sources

Mission high Finalists

∑ JOHAN DINKLEMAN
    o Somerset OC, Sonny Detmerís Son-in-law
    ∑ MIKE GASTON
    o McHi Grad. Former HC at San Antonio Holmes
    ∑ Tom Lee
    o Mission Grad. Mission Coach for last 6 seasons

Vets Memorial Finalists

∑ DAVID GILPIN
    o Current Vets Asst. Coach
    ∑ MIKE GASTON
    o McHi Grad. Former HC at San Antonio Holmes
    ∑ CARL STRAUBE
    o SA Mathis Asst. Coach

MVP

What coach do you see being hired at Mission/Vets?

Default Neither

If the board does what it should and do make a decision tomorrow night, then we will have coaches by tomorrow night. Personally, I am hearing too much about the board table-ing the whole deal.

MVP

What do you mean by tableing?

Hall of Famer

What do you mean by tableing?
    Tabling the proposition means that you put off the recommendation to take a closer look at the scenarios or situations that could perhaps benefit the kids/district more or better.

Why would they table the recommendations? What is there to discuss? What do you know E4L?? Fill us in!!

Junior Varsity

Tabling--- in other words they will postpone the hiring and go through the process deeper or even re-post the position.

Rumors are floating around that HR blew it. There are guys that were eliminated and not interviewed when they should have been. I wont say who... but it could end up to some grievences being filed if they hire someone.

I still think it will be Gilpin at Vets and Dinklemann at MHS

There is one issue a lot of people aren't talking about....There is supposedly a hiring freeze at these schools...meaning will these new coaches be allowed to bring in the staffs that they want? Someone even mentioned the notion that they might have to keep all the coaches still in place..

MVP

I really hope this doesn't turn into one huge mess..

Quote Originally Posted by ADB31 View Post
    Tabling--- in other words they will postpone the hiring and go through the process deeper or even re-post the position.

Rumors are floating around that HR blew it. There are guys that were eliminated and not interviewed when they should have been. I wont say who... but it could end up to some grievences being filed if they hire someone.

I still think it will be Gilpin at Vets and Dinklemann at MHS

There is one issue a lot of people aren't talking about....There is supposedly a hiring freeze at these schools...meaning will these new coaches be allowed to bring in the staffs that they want? Someone even mentioned the notion that they might have to keep all the coaches still in place..

have to agree with you on that, but if the board truly makes a decision with the way things stand, it will be amazing. I want Gilpin, but I am afraid it will be Gaston at Vets and Dinkleman at MHS. Just a feeling.

Hall of Famer

It'll probably be Gilpin at Vets and Dinkelmann at MHS. Let's not table anything here. Do this and get it outta the way. The kids cannot be left hanging like that for another 2 or 3 weeks. That'll be an injustice to the Eagle Players and their program.
    Last edited by eagleprophet; 02-09-2009 at 10:46 PM.

i wonder why they liked gaston? he went 12-48 in six years. i guess he interviews well!

Default Channel 4 news

anyone see the news report on Channel 4. That reporter certainly has inside information.

Hall of Famer

Oh yes he does. He's got the entire forum as his contacts and gets info easier than anyone in the RGV.

What does his son play? Is it QB?? If so, I can see why they would want to get him in here.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
    anyone see the news report on Channel 4. That reporter certainly has inside information.
    what did channel 4 say?

Hall of Famer

what did channel 4 say?
    That they may table the Mission HC job.

MVP

So this might take even longer?... this sucks.

Hall of Famer

So this might take even longer?... this sucks.
    If they table it, they may start the whole process over again and that takes lots of time as you have learned.

How are the guys doing these days? Are they still working hard??

MVP

Thread Information