Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

You guys want some inside info... chew on this.

Dinkleman...the favorite at MHS... withdrew his application today..

Expect something to happen tomorrow at the meeting.. like tabling the process or even gasp... reopening the process

MVP

How did they end up screwing up this bad?...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ADB31 View Post
    You guys want some inside info... chew on this.

Dinkleman...the favorite at MHS... withdrew his application today..

Expect something to happen tomorrow at the meeting.. like tabling the process or even gasp... reopening the process
    You have got to be kidding me!!! Why did he do that? Well guess what? I was on the Somerset High School website and their HC job was "OPEN"!! What does that tell you about the guy. Was gonna use Mission as a stepping stone, but probably found one right there at Somerset. SSHHIISSHH!!!
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePower View Post
    How did they end up screwing up this bad?...
    They should just get Mario Pena and run with that. That guy really wants to be here and will probably turn things around really fast. But they want to see an offensive guy that has a big history of passing the ball.

Pena knows this and will do what the community wants. "The Ball in the AIR!""
    Mission Eagles----2009 32 AAAA District Champions!!!!! The EAGLE has taken off, YOUR TEAM must prepare for landing!!!

Junior Varsity

Website needs to be updated it hasnt for sometime.... Sonny Detmer is the coach there...

MVP

Well, I'm tired of all this mess. Good night!

Hall of Famer

Website needs to be updated it hasnt for sometime.... Sonny Detmer is the coach there...
    Yes, Detmer is HC over there. By the way ADB31, what was the Somerset record this season and the past couple of years?? Any idea?

Junior Varsity

08-09 was Detmer's first season there... they went 7-4 this year

Previous three seasons

07-08 - 2-8
    06-07 - 3-6
    05-06 - 5-5
    Last edited by ADB31; 02-09-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Hall of Famer

08-09 was Detmer's first season there... they went 7-4 this year

Previous three seasons

07-08 - 2-8
    06-07 - 3-6
    05-06 - 5-5
    That 7-4 record, was that because of Johan's son doing so well? What kind of stats did the kid have this season? I thought Detmer had been there for a couple of years alreadY?
    Last edited by eagleprophet; 02-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Junior Varsity

Ok my bad.. I knew something was wrong..

Sonny has spent two years on what is his fourth stint in Somerset

his team went 2-8 in 2007

and the 7-4 mark was this year.

The kids name is Steven Dorman - no reason given for the different last name, but he is Johan's son and Sonny's grandson.

This year.. as a sophomore he was 173-302 for 2492 yards 57.28 Comp %

he had 23 TD and 14 INT

Here is a nice little article on the kid...
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/h...ing_grade.html

Junior Varsity

Talking

JD thought they were yanking his chain. Interviewing coaches were told are you OK if we do not let you bring in coaches and work with th staff that is in place. This would be hard for an incoming coach, who has a son as a college prospect. New system to teach all by himself would be to tough, all while relocating and getting to know the kids. Too much too ask and Dink just didn't like the feel of it so he said no thanks. Hiring freeze is because bond didn't pass..People were told not to place bond with Nov. elections too many people voting and good chance it was not going to pass and bingo.....so now many districts are freezing employment. As a HC, You could always tell a coach on stafff he will not have a job to make space for new coaches, but if he doesn't leave his teaching assg., your screwed. And as a HC this hand has to be played very carefully and Dink said the heck with it. Which leaves Vets with the same dilema...you will have coaches who might not get along because of viscious things said on this board...To be a fly on the wall at Vets at some meetings is what I am asking for Christmas

Super Moderator

this is ridicoulus........how can Tommy Lee be a front runner when he was just canned for the position

Banned

Can anyone say............politica

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MorristheCat View Post
    Can anyone say............politica
    BIIIIIIIIIIIG TIME.........IF I LIVED IN MISSION AND DIE HARD FAN I WOULD BE PISSED

Default Edcouch has La Maquina, Mission tiene La Politica

Is that a for sure thing. Dinkelman REALLY pulled his name out? Unbelievable! It will all be tabled tonight then, and if not, the board will wait till midnight so that anyone there to complain will go home. This really sucks.

As far as the boys are concerned, they practice, many have gone over to track but ALL of them want SERIOUS change. they don't necessarily mean in personnel, but in plays, philosophy, etc.

Everyone in town seems to be really upset about how the committees were chosen, especially for MHS. Also, at Vets, the leaking of infomation has been awful. Integrity does not seem to be an attribute for some of those committee members. Que triste.

All Star

heres some info on that straube dude
    http://www.mathisisd.org/athletics_football.aspx

All Star

according to max preps gaston went 1-9 last year...=/
    om pullin' for gilpin, he's quite a motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by patriotrhino95 View Post
    according to max preps gaston went 1-9 last year...=/
    om pullin' for gilpin, he's quite a motivator.
    I saw this guy you're talking about on the field when they played WE..Saw him up and down during stretching, pumping guys up, left and right...I also looked for him during the overtime series between both teams, and he was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND...After the game, I also saw him..Was one of the last coaches congratulating WE on their win..Take it for what it's worth..
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold", UNOOOO.......

MVP

So right now it's between Lee and Gaston for the Mission job?...

Junior Varsity

THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS WOULD EVEN HAVE LEE AS A FINALIST AFTER SIX YEARS OF MEDIOCRACY TELLS THE ENTIRE VALLEY THAT YOU GUYS IN THE SELECTION PROCESS AND THE BOARD ARE A RIDICULOUS JOKE!!! THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS ARE AFRAID AND EVEN LISTENING TO LEE'S FATHER IN LAW SHOWS THAT YOU GUYS ARE IN IT FOR YOURSELVES AND NOT FOR THE KIDS!!!

Thread Information