Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Super Moderator

Default Opening at Katy Morton Ranch HS

I saw this over at the 3A site, and figured I'd re-post here.

Katy Morton Ranch HS (District 17-5A)is looking for an experienced WR coach. Teaching fields are Social Studies, English, and Math. Contact Jeremy Orsagh, Offensive Coordinator, at 903-590-6415, and email a resume to: jeremyorsagh@katyisd.org . We are looking to fill the position ASAP.

Could be a good opportunity for an RGV coach to head up to Houston, learn a bunch of good stuff, and bring that knowledge back down to the Valley.
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    I saw this over at the 3A site, and figured I'd re-post here.

Could be a good opportunity for an RGV coach to head up to Houston, learn a bunch of good stuff, and bring that knowledge back down to the Valley.
    I don't understand the immediate credibility many here give people from north of the valley. While that may have been the case 20 years ago, valley coaching and philosphies have evolved greatly and there are a handful of coaches that can coach anywhere.

Here's what a "valley" coach would have experienced if they were to take up this "great" Morton Ranch opportunity:

katytimes.com/articles/2009/08...b8058368358.txt

Stunner at Morton Ranch

Scott Svendsen led Morton Ranch to a 6-4 record last season.
    Svendsen, two others, put on administrative leave
    By Scott Kaiser
    Times Sports Writer
    Published:
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 1:44 PM CDT
    In a stunning move first reported by The Katy Times on Friday, Morton Ranch head football coach and athletic coordinator Scott Svendsen and two assistants have been put on administrative leave.

In a press release on Saturday, the district announced that "Katy ISD administrators were made aware this week of allegations that three Morton Ranch High School coaches were violating district policies regarding student records, possible misuse of funds, and athletic eligibility. Because of the allegations, the district has launched an investigation, during which time the three coaches will be on administrative leave."

Because of privacy issues, Katy ISD cannot release names, but the Times has confirmed that Mavericks' offensive coordinator Jeremy Orsagh and defense coordinator Cody Haug are being investigated along with Svendsen.

"I don't know how you prepare for something like this," Katy ISD executive director of athletics Rusty Dowling said. "We just have to work through it because so many people and kids depend on it."

Todd McVey, who came to Katy in February to serve as assistant athletic director, was named interim coach. McVey previously was a head coach at Harker Heights and McKinney, and was on Dowling's staff at Texas City when the Stingarees won two state titles.

"Interim may mean a week, two weeks, a month or the whole season," Dowling said. "I'm just not sure right now, but I have every faith that Todd will go in there and do a great job.

"He obviously came here to take a position in administration, but when this whole thing transpired, I called him and asked if he was willing to step in, and he immediately said yes."

Just over 48 hours after Svendsen attended a district-wide athletic coordinator's meeting and did a TV interview about the upcoming season, the Maverick coaches, players and parents were told Friday night of the sudden turn of events by Katy ISD superintendent Alton Frailey and Dowling.

"The players were very subdued as you'd expect," Dowling said. "Obviously they were very surprised, so they didn't really know what to say. The parents have been exposed to more things in their lives and acted accordingly, and they all asked some very good questions."

During his only season at Morton Ranch, Svendsen led the Mavericks to a 6-4 mark. It was the program's first winning season after opening varsity play with one win in its first 20 games.

The timing is especially tough for the Mavericks' program because fall practice begins on Monday. Late Friday afternoon the remaining Mavericks' staff was putting the finishing touches on next week's practices after earlier hosting the last day of the program's freshman camp.

"The staff will be ready to go on Monday," Dowling said. "These guys are professionals who love their players, so there is no concern there. We'll cover the (coordinator) shortage with other staff members, and Todd will assume a lot of the defensive responsibilities because that's his background."

Super Moderator

I heard about this situation last week. What a mess. However, it was a simply copy/paste from another site and thought I'd post it here, and it was way prior to this news coming out about the coaching staff at Morton Ranch.
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

Hall of Famer

They may have to forfeit all games from last year..this one is a very messy situaiton..and unfortunetly what college and HS football has become...not yet as dirty as college basketball, but its getting their fast...i mean really fast..

wow do we really think valley coaches are that stupid. Just because its houston doesnt mean they are gods

Thread Information