Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Super Moderator

Exclamation T-Mobile @Home Phone Service

Anybody have it? I'm thinking of making a switch from ATT to T-Mobile home service. I pay nearly $80.00 a month with ATT including my DSL package. But first i would like to get some of your opinions for those who have this service.
    Last edited by E-E PoWeR HoUsE; 09-10-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by E-E PoWeR HoUsE View Post
    Anybody have it? I'm thinking of making a switch from ATT to T-Mobile home service. I pay nearly $80.00 a month with ATT including my DSL package. But first i would like to get some of your opinions for those who have this service.
    I thought about it, but then I would have to get roadrunner service from time Warner which I hate with a passion.

Hall of Famer

hmm tell me how it goes..i just have dsl ...no landline...no need...

if you have a blackberry curve (8900, or 8320) or even the 8520

you can take advantage of the uma calling...

how are you liking Tmo anyway EE?

do you get some pretty decent 3G coverage?
    Last edited by GUY; 09-10-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    Reasonable human men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to the abstraction makes them the enemies of life.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket64 View Post
    I thought about it, but then I would have to get roadrunner service from time Warner which I hate with a passion.
    I have it and no, I don't have TW, I have AT@T. Works great! A bad thing about it is that once your i-net is down, your telephone is down too. Other things you have to put up with is that you can't use a fax with it and, you need to use special phones if you want to have more than 1 phone on the same line. You can buy these dual phones at T-mobile and they are about thirty dollars for the pair. Either than that, everything else is pretty good. Very clear lines and it also has all the extra features you would find in expensive phone packages without the added price.
    Jacket Pride! Once a Jacket always a Jacket!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by El Chusma View Post
    I have it and no, I don't have TW, I have AT@T. Works great! A bad thing about it is that once your i-net is down, your telephone is down too. Other things you have to put up with is that you can't use a fax with it and, you need to use special phones if you want to have more than 1 phone on the same line. You can buy these dual phones at T-mobile and they are about thirty dollars for the pair. Either than that, everything else is pretty good. Very clear lines and it also has all the extra features you would find in expensive phone packages without the added price.
    really? no Time Warner? Wow, my options just opened up for me. I inquired about this service a while back and the guy at the t-mobile store in Edinburg told me that I would need roadrunner service because the t-mobile modem/router they had only accepted the coaxial cabling input. Either t-mobile changed their modem/routers or I was totally misinformed at the t-mobile store.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket64 View Post
    really? no Time Warner? Wow, my options just opened up for me. I inquired about this service a while back and the guy at the t-mobile store in Edinburg told me that I would need roadrunner service because the t-mobile modem/router they had only accepted the coaxial cabling input. Either t-mobile changed their modem/routers or I was totally misinformed at the t-mobile store.
    I've had it for almost a year now.

Super Moderator

I've had it for almost a year now.
    How much do you pay monthly? ? ?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GUY View Post
    hmm tell me how it goes..i just have dsl ...no landline...no need...

if you have a blackberry curve (8900, or 8320) or even the 8520

you can take advantage of the uma calling...

how are you liking Tmo anyway EE?

do you get some pretty decent 3G coverage?
    I dislike blackberry's 100% ...

I do love T-Mobile 100% though. I have had T-Mobile for the past 3 years and with the same number and so far i have NOT had any problems with the network. As you read my first post, I'm even willing to get T-Mobile home phone. About 3G, well I still don't have 3G network phone yet. I still use the old fashioned T-Mobile dash phone which I also love.

Hall of Famer

How much do you pay monthly? ? ?
    $10. Of course, if you want their service you also have to have a cell phone account with them. I have one anyways, so it's no biggie.
    Last edited by El Chusma; 09-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Hall of Famer

I do love T-Mobile 100% though. I have had T-Mobile for the past 3 years and with the same number and so far i have NOT had any problems with the network. As you read my first post, I'm even willing to get T-Mobile home phone. About 3G, well I still don't have 3G network phone yet. I still use the old fashioned T-Mobile dash phone which I also love.
    We have 3g capable phones, but we don't want to pay the extra charge so we don't subscribe for the extra service.
    Last edited by El Chusma; 09-10-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Super Moderator

$10. Of course, if you want their service you also have to have a cell phone account with them. I have one anyways, so it's no biggie.
    Explain to me the installation.

Hall of Famer

I miss my blackberry .... currently using an iPhone ... You should look into getting the dash 3G if you're a fan of winmo.... or buy the nokia N900 lol... That's the phone I'm looking to get (it has tmobile 3G banding) ...
    Reasonable human men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to the abstraction makes them the enemies of life.

Hall of Famer

Explain to me the installation.
    The way I have it; install software, plug the phone router into your i-net router and you are done.

Thread Information