November 7th, 2016 at 6:45pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Today’s minor moves:
- The Titans announced that they’ve promoted running back David Fluellen from the practice squad and waived cornerback Cody Riggs. Fluellen’s signing could be an indication that Derrick Henry might miss multiple games with a calf injury, as head coach Mike Mularkey hinted at today. Henry tweaked his calf during warmups yesterday and didn’t play a single snap.
- The Saints claimed tight end John Phillips off waivers from the Chargers, according to Christopher Dabe of NOLA.com. Phillips has 103 games under his belt, and has mostly served as a blocker throughout his career. New Orleans also waived cornerback Brian Dixon and defensive end Chris McCain, tweets Nick Underhill of the Advocate.
- After placing veteran running back Antone Smith on injured reserve, the Buccaneers have promoted Russell Hansbrough from the practice squad, the team announced. Hansbrough has bounced on and off Tampa’s taxi squad this year.
- The Packers announced that they’ve promoted fullback Joe Kerridge to the active roster and waived safety Jermaine Whitehead.
- The Texans waived tackle Jeff Adams, the club announced today. Adams, 27, had spent portions of the past two seasons with Houston.
- The Chiefs have waived cornerback Terrance Mitchell, according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (Twitter link).